The Donissan de Citran family ruled this estate in the 13th century until 1832, when the last heir had to sell the estate to Mr. Clauzel. This rich, ambitious businessman defined the property’s boundaries and gave Château Citran to prominence among the Medoc estates. The Miailhe family bought the property in 1945 and undertook a renovation programme until 1987. Then, a Japanese group acquired the property and made major investments. This marks the resurrection of this great growth of Médoc.